You don’t have to wait for a special occasion to express your love for your mom. There are many ways to show your love and appreciation to your mother. Sometimes, a couple of short inspirational quotes for mom can be very effective to make your mom feel special.
A mother selflessly serves her entire life for her children. There are not enough words to describe a mother’s sacrifice. Below you will find some inspirational, strong, and short mom quotes collected from a wide variety of sources.
1. “The balancing act of motherhood and a career, and being a wife, is something that I don’t think I’ll ever perfect, but I love the challenge of it.” -Kerri Walsh Jennings
2. “Motherhood is a dream. It really is absolutely amazing.” -Jessica Simpson
3. “Motherhood is the only thing in my life that I’ve really known for sure is something I wanted to do.”-Cynthia Nixon
4. “Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves.” -Charles Stanley
5. “That’s what motherhood is: you’re working; you’re doing 25 different jobs, and you’re not getting paid.” -Melissa Peterman
6. “Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us.” -Sheri L. Dew
7. “Motherhood is wonderful, but it’s also hard work. It’s the logistics more than anything. You discover you have reserves of energy you didn’t know you had.” -Deborah Mailman
8. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets back to essentials.” -Meryl Streep
9. “Motherhood is neither a duty nor a privilege, but simply the way that humanity can satisfy the desire for physical immortality and triumph over the fear of death.” -Rebecca West
10. “Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women’s opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering.” -Elaine Heffner
11. “Motherhood is priced; Of God, at a price no man may dare/To lessen or misunderstand.” -Helen Hunt Jackson
12. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” -Jessica Lange
13. “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” -Gilda Radner
14. “This is part of the essence of motherhood, watching your kid grow into her own person and not being able to do anything about it. Otherwise, children would be nothing more than pets.” -Heather Armstrong
15. “Motherhood: The most exhausting, emotional, rewarding, and life-enhancing journey a woman can take.” -Charlotte Pearson
16. “Though motherhood is the most important of all the professions — requiring more knowledge than any other department in human affairs — there was no attention given to preparation for this office.” -Elizabeth Cady Stanton
17. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.”-Donna Ball
18. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” -Robert Browning
19. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” -Barbara Kingsolver
20. “With what price we pay for the glory of motherhood.” -Isadora Duncan
Please feel free to share your own inspirational, strong, or any other kind of mom quotes.